Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Audiobooks

I like the whole audiobook thing, I think it is a way for the library to keep up with the advancements in technology. With that said I think that improvements could be made to our digital collection page. When a customer searches the catalog, he is unable to see the Overdrive titles that are available, and this would not be so bad if the search tool with in the digital collection page was not as useless as it is. Another problem, a lot of the audiobooks are in WMA format, this means very little to me despite the fact that I know it will not work on my device. And I can download it to my computer and listen to it, but the only time I spend alot of time in front of the computer is at work or while doing homework. And I am not interested in burning the book to a cd, that just seems wasteful. So I think the ability to do an advanced search that enables you to search for titles that are compatible with your chosen device is essential, then I could find all the titles that are MP3 format, and that have some use to me. I'm sure we will get to that point someday though.

No comments:

Post a Comment